As a church school we have a form of worship every day. Worship takes place in a variety of groupings over the week from whole school, Key Stage, Year groups or classes.
We take a creative approach to learning via cross-curricular and independent learning sessions as well as teaching explicit subject lessons such as English, Maths, Science and Computing in both Key Stage One and Two.
At the Bishop Harvey Goodwin School we have a cross curricular approach to teaching what is responsive to pupils needs and interests.
English and Maths are taught as subjects but are also embedded in other subjects across the school day.
Phonics every year group uses letters and sounds
Reading, We use a variety of quality reading schemes including Oxford Reading Tree, Rigby Star, Songbird and Ginn which are grouped into levels.
Writing is a particular focus and is taught through a lively practical approach.
The plans below for EYFS are flexible and may be altered and enhanced as appropriate
- Autumn 2 2017 - Bear Hunt
- EYFS at The Bishop Harvey Goodwin School
- EYFS Policy
- Medium Term Plan - Hansel and Gretel
- Medium Term Plan Autumn 2017 - Owl Babies
- Medium Term Plan Autumn Harvest
- Medium Term Plan Goldilocks
- Medium Term Plan Summer - The Naughty Bus
- SPRING 2017 FOUNDATION STAGE Food
- SPRING 2017 FOUNDATION STAGE Minibeats
- SPRING 2017 FOUNDATION STAGE Woods
- Summer 2017 FOUNDATION STAGE - Giant
- Timetable Nursery
- Timetable Reception